*Note: The header image was taken before the COVID-19 pandemic began.
This page is up-to-date as of February 2021. If you have questions about my COVID-19 teaching policy, please reach out.
The COVID-19 pandemic must be taken seriously. As much as I love working with college students in-person, it simply isn’t safe or feasible for large groups to meet, pass around bottles of lube, and learn together. Luckily, technology still allows us to learn together, even from a safe distance! I’ve taught online sex ed workshops since well before the pandemic began, so I’m pretty experienced in online teaching.
Here’s how I work to make online workshops as engaging as possible:
Whether your students are on-campus or learning from home, their privacy is my priority. I use a secure webinar software, and only my video will be turned on throughout the workshop.
- No student video or audio
- Opportunity for anonymous Q&A before the workshop
- Students can use chosen names to display in chat
Joining a webinar shouldn’t be a 15-minute process complete with downloads and account creation. For maximum engagement, it needs to be as simple as possible. The webinar tools that I use doesn’t require students to download anything at all — just click the link, enter the password, and you’re in!
- No downloads needed
- Password-protected (with easy-to-type passwords)
There are many reasons why you might want to take a hybrid approach to your virtual sex ed workshop. Maybe you have students who are living on-campus, and you want them to engage with your office or organization. Or, maybe you just want to amp up the incentive to attend. Either way, I offer some low-contact ways that you can engage your students (without me needing to come to your campus).
- Pre-packaged and sanitized packs of barrier methods, lube, and pamphlets mailed to your office and for you to distribute to RSVPd attendees
- Ability to run a virtual raffle for attending; I’ll handle all prize distribution and shipping
Engaging from Start to Finish
Anyone who has ever attended a webinar knows that they’re usually pretty boring. But sex ed shouldn’t be boring! I work hard to engage my students from before the event ever begins.
- Customized pre-webinar Spotify playlist to get your campus excited for the event
- The opportunity to ask anonymous questions beforehand
- Live-chat available throughout
- Use of demo items/models, diagrams, and activities in addition to my info-packed presentations
Learning After the Workshop
Depending on who your students are, it might be more difficult for you to get students to attend virtual events. No worries — you’ll receive a recording of your event that you and your students will have access to for two weeks after the workshop, so even people who can’t attend live can still learn.
- Resources, worksheets, and guides delivered to your students after the event
- Two week access to the workshop recording
- I’ll publish the long-form responses to selected anonymous questions
You’ve got enough on your hands as you work to safely engage students during the pandemic, so I’ll take care of the bulk of the advertising for you. I’ll send you everything you need; all you need to do is send, post, or print!
- Custom social media images for your event, sized for each platform
- A PDF flyer for on-campus circulation
- Full descriptions of the event, plus answers to common student questions about online sex ed
Ready to make online learning magic? All of my in-person workshops are able to be conducted online, and by special request, I’m making some extras available, too! As always, customized workshops are available based on your institution’s needs and desires. Combine two workshops or propose a topic that isn’t listed here. If it isn’t one of my specialty areas, I’ll refer you to another skilled educator who can accommodate your request.
Pleasure in the Pandemic
Wait, You Want to Do What?! How to Make Talking About Sex Less Awkward and More Fun
How to Have Shame-Free Sex
Queer Sex 101
Reclaiming Pleasure After Violence
For Pleasure’s Sake: How to Have Sex that Feels Good
Book a Virtual Sex Ed Workshop for Your Students
Ready to talk about booking a virtual workshop? Just fill out the form below or email Info@CassandraCorrado.com and I’ll get back to you within 48 business hours. I look forward to learning together!